Friday, August 20, 2010

Product Review: Shu Uemura Art of Hair Sculpting Putty

Shu Uemura's Art of Hair Sculpting Putty was the first styling product that I bought that was that was not gel. First time I used this stuff I had no idea how to use it since I was so accustomed to the way gel works. This product has a very mild smell and great texture. It's really easy to emulsify and apply to the hair and did not make my hair feel oily. But what was lacking from the product was the hold strength and how it would flake if left in the hair after a day or two.

I was really dissappointed because this is from a Japanese company and I thought they would formulate something in the minds of Asian type hair. Although it was easy to apply, I found myself looking at the mirror after 30 min. only to find that my hair had went back to it's original dull style. It seemed like it didn't matter how much product I used, it just couldn't hold. Another thing that I was dissapointed with was how it caused flakes, but not like the ones from gel. The flakes were much finer but still noticeable, sometimes adding water to try and "recharge" it solved it but then it wouldn't help much to hold the style.

Overall, I think this product is mainly geared towards much finer hair and styles that don't involve deep texture and strong hold.

Pros:
  • Smell was mild and decent
  • Easy to apply and emulsify
  • Didn't make hair feel or look oily
Cons:
  • Can't hold a style for very long
  • Flakes occured after a day or two 
Have you tried this product before? Let me know what you thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment